Before being introduced to banana soft serve I would have never thought to make ice cream out of frozen fruit.
Sitting outside on a hot summers day soaking up the sunshine and cooling off with a cup of fudgy banana soft serve opened up a whole new world for me.
I’ve never been the same since.
Would you judge me if I said I regularly eat ice cream for breakfast? [with protein powder and probiotics… it’s basically a smoothie, right?]
Or, that I’ve ran to the store at 11pm just to buy gluten-free graham crackers when a hankering for strawberry cheesecake ice cream struck? Well, actually what I had originally wanted to make were these strawberry shortcake sandwiches , but I didn’t want to wait for the coconut milk to harden.
- 8 lite coconut milk ice cubes, about 1/2 can frozen
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, frozen
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup non-dairy milk – I used unsweetened original almond milk
- 4 fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup gluten-free graham cracker crumbs