I recently had my parents over for dinner while Kevin was traveling a couple weeks ago. It’s nice to have the house to myself every once in awhile, but after a couple of weeks I tend to get a bit lonely!
When my parents called me on a Monday night to ask what I was doing for dinner on Tuesday, I jumped at the opportunity to have them over.
Dinner with the parents is always a challenging feat. Dad likes red meat, potatoes, and country music best song EVER!]. Mom likes lobster, couscous and [Snatam Kaur [really great artist if you like this type of music].
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 6 stalks of celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 1/2 cups (875mL/28 fl oz) tomato juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon white powdered stevia
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 batch of Omega Croutons – seriously the best crouton you’ll ever make