Yesterday was great.
Kevin and I made pasta and watched movies all night long.
Back to the grind today. I’m just about to head to the gym for 1hr swim + 40min spin + 6k run + 20min core work + a lot of snacking in between.
There’s nothing better than snacking at the gym. It’s the epitome of * *food for fuel * * and * whole foods for health . * It doesn’t get any purer for me than that. If I don’t eat during these longer sessions I have absolutely no energy, I get dizzy, experience low poor performance, etc. These sessions just show me how important it is to eat clean, whole foods to fuel my body.
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked rice pasta
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped – do not peel!
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 6 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoon onion soup mix – I used this but onion powder would work too!
- 2 tablespoon braggs liquid aminos [gluten free soy sauce]
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave [use agave if wanting to make the recipe vegan]
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- salt + pepper