If you need a festive, colorful salad to add to your holiday table, this is your recipe. If you need a quick, easy, and healthy lunch salad to balance out the holiday treats you’ve been eating, this is your recipe.
- If you need a festive, colorful salad to add to your holiday table, this is your recipe. If you need a quick, easy, and healthy lunch salad to balance out the holiday treats you’ve been eating, this is your recipe.
- It is always with a little hesitation that I serve Tim kale, especially raw kale. But when he tasted this he said, “This is a great salad!” and asked for seconds after he finished his first serving. When Tim likes kale, I know the recipe is a keeper and will be a hit with everyone.
- There are three components that make this kale salad work. First, the kale is chopped very finely. Kale is tough and chewy, so chopping it finely helps that immensely.
- Second, all that kale is coated with a simple dressing. The dressing is simple, but flavorful. The best dressings are simple, don’t you think? The key is that all of the kale leaves are coated in the dressing. Toss it well to ensure that happens.
- Third, the toppings of dried cranberries, feta, and walnuts work together to create a balance of flavors and textures that works well.
- In the end, you get a salad that my husband loves. I can’t give you any higher praise than that. You gotta give this one a try!
- Print This!
- Chopped Kale Salad with Cranberries, Feta, and Walnuts
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium bunches kale
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup feta cheese