Let me introduce Beth from Dirty Kitchen Secrets! I met her last year at the first European Food Blogger Connect which she also happened to organise. Half American and half Lebanese, her passion for good food is relentless and I’ve dubbed her the Lebanese cuisine expert here on Greedy Gourmet. Hopefully more recipes will follow but for now enjoy the first one – Fattoush Salad!
First, I want to begin by thanking the lovely Michelle for asking me to guest post on this wonderful blog. I am very honored and I hope you all enjoy what I’ve chosen. For this guest post, I decided to go with something light, summery and of course, Lebanese. I chose one of the traditional Lebanese salads, Fattoush.
- 1 head of Romain lettuce, shredded
- handful of purslane or rocket
- 6-7 mint leaves, torn
- 3 medium tomatoes, quartered and then halved again
- 100g (3 oz) cucumber, medium chopped
- 100g (3 oz) radishes, medium chopped
- 1-2 large spring onions, medium chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Sumac
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) pomegranate molasses
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- juice of half of lemon, more or less to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 loaf of Arabic bread toasted in the oven for about 5 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.