Watch out, people. I’m about to use a cliché. Isn’t it scary how time flies?!
It only feels like yesterday when I have cooked and eaten this dish but in actual fact it happened almost a year ago. New Year resolutions have never worked for me and I prefer to think of “lifestyle changes” instead which are permanent. One of the decisions I made in December is to become more organised.
It’s a slow and hard process to start your way through the mountains of rubble. Stuff needs chucking and others need to find a home. Recently I discovered a few recipes lying in a pile I never got around to posting and now is the time to get them out there, isn’t it?
- 450g (1lb) minced [ground] beef
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brown onion, grated
- 15ml (1 tbsp) finely chopped red chili
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground turmeric
- 30ml (2 tbsp) sweet paprika
- 5ml (1 tsp) ground black pepper
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground coriander
- 15ml (1 tbsp) ground cumin
- juice of ½ lemon
- 150g (5 oz) couscous
- 200ml (7 oz) vegetable stock
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 100g (3 oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh cilantro