This evening I made Chicken Parmesan since I had all the ingredients on hand. I simply seasoned and sautéed a package of Perdue boneless chicken breasts for about 8-9 minutes per side, then placed them in a small casserole dish with pasta sauce (one of my favorites by Del Grosso; Fireworks Sauce). I then topped them with sliced fresh mozzarella cheese (you could substitute regular mozzarella if you want) and then topped with shredded Parmigiano Reggiano (you could also use regular shredded Parmesan). I then popped it into a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes to bake and ran under the broiler for a few minutes at the very end to get the cheese nice and bubbly and browned. I served it with a fresh garden salad and one of my Parmesan Biscuits that I made this past weekend. If you haven't tried them yet, they are worth trying. If you wanted to, you could serve the Chicken Parmesan on top of Zoodles as well. I snapped a few photos below and included my easy peasy recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 boneless chicken breasts, approximately 1 pound (skinless or skin on)
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups pasta sauce (about half of a 26-oz jar)
- 2 1/4-inch slices of fresh mozzarella cheese (I used Bel Gioioso pre-sliced)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano or Parmesan