Today I'm going back through some of my favorite recipes that I've shared on guest posts over the years. I found the perfect recipe your upcoming holiday weekend. If you like strawberries, you are going to love this cake. It's full of fresh strawberries and absolutely perfect for summertime. This cake is moist, flavorful and "oh so strawberry!" It literally screams summertime.
It's chocked full of strawberries and walnuts. It makes 12 generous servings each containing approximately 7 net carbs, 3 grams of sugar and 11 grams of protein! Now how does THAT sound for a power breakfast? If you are one of the many folks over the years that have asked me for breakfast ideas "other than eggs"...this one is for YOU! You could eat it as a dessert or snack, too.
I hope you enjoy this coffee cake as much as I do. This cake is wheat free, grain free, gluten free and has no added sugar and a great addition to add to your low carb menu. You can find the recipe and photos below. Enjoy!
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1-1/4 cups Swerve granular sweetener (or preferred granular sweetener)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons oil (coconut oil or extra light olive oil)
- 3 cups diced strawberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided