I’m excited to share with you a guest post from Lindsey, at The Little Pine!
Some people love summer for the long days, pool parties or neighborhood BBQs…
I love summer because it’s peach season!
Peaches have always been one of my favorite foods! They’re the item I rush to farmers market to grab
They taste great in a salad, salsa and pretty much any dessert.
Not to mention they are low in calories (around 70 calories per peach) and full of vitamins A and C!
Which is why I concocted this delicious summer salad, full of some of my favorite ingredients for their taste and nutrients.
- Fresh Kale or Spinach - 2 Bunches - Chopped
- Fresh Peaches - 2 - Sliced
- Garbanzo Beans - 1 Can
- Blueberries - 1 Cups
- Pomegranate - Seeds from 1 Pomegranate (about 3/4 Cup)
- Dry Roasted Salted Pistachio Nuts - To Top
- Goat Cheese, Crumbled - To Top
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - For Sautéing
- Mint Pistachio Pesto
- Fresh Mint - 3 Cups
- Dry Roasted Salted Pistachio Nuts - 1/2 Cup
- Garlic - 1 Clove
- Lemon Juice - 1/4 Cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 Tablespoon
- Water - 2 Tablespoons
- Salt - 1/8 teaspoon