Spray a 9X5 inch loaf pan with non stick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350 degrees/
In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
In the bowl of a stand up mixer, add butter and sugar and beat on medium for 8 minutes (Yes, 8 minutes!). Scrape down the bowl as needed.
Add vanilla and coconut extract to bowl. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well, scrapping down the bowl, after each addition.
Set the mixer to low and add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with 1/2 cup additions the buttermilk, and mix until incorporated.
- 1 1/2 sticks - Unsalted Butter, At Room Temperature
- 2 Cups - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons - Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Coconut extract
- 3 - Large Eggs
- 1 Cup plus 2 Tablespoons - Buttemilk, Divided
- 1 !/2 Cups - Sweetened Shredded Coconut-Divided
- 1 Cup - Powdered Sugar, Sifted