1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat on medium, for 1 minute. Turn mixer to low and add flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time, and mix until each addition is just combined.
Pour batter into prepared bundt pan and bake in preheated oven 40-55 minutes (the original instructions called for 40 minutes of baking. Mine took 52 minutes) or until a cake tester or bamboo stick comes out with just a few moist crumbs. Cool completely before frosting.
- 2 1/2 Cups - Flour
- 1 3/4 Cups - Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 3/4 Teaspoon - Salt
- 2 Tablespoons - Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 Cup - Vegetable Oil (I use canola)
- 1 Cup - Buttermilk, Well Shaken
- 2 - Large Eggs, At Room Temperature
- 2 Tablespoons (1 Ounce Bottle) - Red Food Coloring
- 1 Teaspoon - Distilled White Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons - Vanilla
- 4 Ounces (1 Stick) - Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 8 Ounces - Cream Cheese, Softened
- 2 Cups - Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla