This cake is honestly, so unbelievably, delicious, I can Not even begin to describe it. Seriously. It’s like a chocolate peanut butter dream come true. No, it’s better than any dream you could ever have. Ya…..seriously!
Sour Cream Chocolate Cake with a Peanut Butter Frosting and a Chocolate Peanut Butter Glaze! You have soooooo gotta be kidding me!!!!!
I saw this gorgeous cake over at Smitten Kittens blog. Don’t you just love her! I loved her added impute to freeze the cake due to the fact that it’s so incredibly soft and tender and the freezing makes it easier to work with. It definitely helped. Mine was still a little bit messy when we cut it. It was so flippin fabulous that the fact that it was bit of a mess inside went completely unnoticed by everyone. Including me! LOL!!! I think Smitten must have cut her’s for her photo while it was still very cold.
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups - Sugar
- 3/4 Cup - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoon - Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1 Cup - Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup - Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 Cup - Water
- 2 Tablespoons - Distilled White Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 2 - Large Eggs
- 10 Ounces - Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 4 Ounces - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 5 Cups - Powdered Sugar
- 2/3 Cup - Creamy Peanut Butter
- 8 Ounce - Semisweet Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Tablespoons - Creamy Peanut Butter
- 2 Tablespoons - Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 Cup - Half and Half
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Candies