Here’s a sweet little treat that is perfect any time of the year! I found this recipe in good ol’ Martha’s holiday cookies magazine. Yes, another cooking magazine I just couldn’t say no to. We’ve talked about that little problem of mine!
Any who, these babies are flippin amazing. If you like coconut, and let me tell you I do, you MUST whip up a batch of these. I mean, two little coconut cookies sandwiching a delicious sugary, vanilla filling? These really ROCK! The recipe says to refrigerate the finished cookies before serving. I like them refrigerated overnight to be honest. This gives the filling a chance to “set” a bit so it doesn’t squish out when you eat the cookies. More importantly, it makes the cookies nice and chewy. Super YUM! I encourage you to make these as soon as possible. I think you should just make a batch for yourself. You Sooo deserve it!
- 2 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Salt
- 1-7 Ounces Package - Sweetened Shredded Coconut-Divided
- 3/4 Cup - Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup - Sugar
- 1/2 Cup - Light Brown Sugar, Lightly Packed
- 1 - Egg, Large
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup - Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup - Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract