Make the cookies: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats.
Combine the semisweet and milk chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50 percent power until melted, about 2 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
In the bowl of a stand up mixer mix the melted butter, sour cream, eggs, vinegar, vanilla and food coloring just until combined.
In another bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture in four equal batches, mixing each batch completely before adding the next. Stir in the melted chocolate.
- 1 Ounce - Semi Sweet Chocolate, Chopped
- 1/2 Ounce - Milk Chocolate, Chopped
- 12 Ounces - Unsalted Butter, Melted
- 1/2 Cup - Sour Cream
- 2 - Large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons - Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tablespoon - Red Food Coloring
- 2 1/4 Cups - All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1/4 Cup - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons - Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoons - Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoons - Salt
- 8 Ounces - Cream Cheese, at Room Temperature
- 3 Tablespoons - Unsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 2 1/2 Cups - Powdered Sugar, Sifted
- 1 Teaspoon - Vanilla Extract