One thing I love about this dressing (besides the vibrant color and zippy flavor) is that it features some raw veggies. What better way to top a salad than with more raw veggies?!
This dressing is quick to whip up in your heavy-duty blender and keeps well in the refrigerator. Because the ingredients are available all year-round, you can enjoy it during the heat of summer as well as the cool of winter.
- Print This Recipe
- Hot Pink Dressing
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds*
- juice of 2 lemons (or about 1/3 cup lemon juice)
- 1/2 red or sweet onion
- 1 medium beet, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2/3 cup water
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- opt: 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger (about 1/2 inch)
- opt: 1 avocado
- Soak sunflower seeds in water for at least an hour or two (preferably overnight). Drain and add with the rest of the ingredients to a blender. Process until smooth. Serve over salad or as a dip.
- you can substitute pumpkin seeds if you’d like
- For more great veggie-rich raw food recipes, check out this book packed full of gluten-free vegetarian recipes- easy, tasty and bursting with nutrition!