In an effort to reduce my and my family's exposure to toxins and chemicals, I've researched to how to make some of my own cleaning products in minutes.
Did you know that the simple cleaning products that we use daily like window and glass cleaner, soft scrubs, oven cleaners, bathroom cleaners all come with warnings and are probably the most toxic chemicals we have in our houses?
What's amazing is most of these products are ridiculously fast and easy to make your own AND they are very effective. If you have allergies, are sensitive or want to avoid breathing in or absorbing toxins from commercial products, DIY is the way to go!
One of my favorites is make your own soft scrub formula. It can be made in like 2 minutes from ingredients you probably have in the house or can get very easily.
It smells so good, is creamy and effective, and makes everything sparkle. The best part is that it's not harsh on the hands, is not dangerous to inhale, and can be stored for a few uses.
** Vinegar or citrus products are not recommended for use on granite or any natural stone
I made a very small batch but it was enough for using it 5 or 6 times for my bathroom sinks, on my coffee mugs, and some chrome fixtures. Boy did they all sparkle and shine!!!
Lemon Essential Oil is antibacterial, cuts grease and oil, and smells fresh and clean!
** I think Dr. Bronner's Castile soup works the best. You can purchase online or the best price is at Vitamin Shoppe. ( in a pinch although it is not as natural , you can use dish soap)
I bought a Young Living starter kit about 7 months ago and have been researching and learning more and more ways to use the oils everyday. The more I learn about essential oils, the more I love them. If you are not familiar with essential oils and how they help make your home and your self chemical free, I would be glad to share what I know with you. Feel free to email me
Email: email@example.com and we can talk.
If you would like to purchase a starter kit ( which includes 10 essential oils, a diffuser, plus other items), you would become part of my team and I would work with you to learn how to use the oils.
My Young Living Distributor # is 3329912 if you want to sign up under me.. Email me- Judee Algazi
5 Ways I use Lemon Essential Oil:
1. Lemon oil in honey. When we are under the weather, we take 1 drop of Young Living Essential Oil in 1 teaspoon of local raw honey. ( Young Living lemon oil is approved for ingestion)
2. Diffuse in my diffuser- lemon essential oil imparts a beautiful aroma in the air feeling fresh and clean. It is antibacterial so the benefits are diffused in the air.
3. Goo Be Gone- 1 drop of lemon essential oil on a the price sticker on a picture frame and it's gone in a split second. So easy to remove the sticky goo from any glass surface.
4. Added to cleaning products- lemon essential oil is the perfect oil to add to vinegar for cleaning. I is not only antibacterial, it smells amazingly fresh and clean.
5. Flavoring- If a recipe calls for lemon and I'm out, I use a few drops of Young Living lemon Essential oil. It imparts a wonderful lemon flavor and adds additional benefits because Young Living lemon essential oil is made not only with the inner fruit, but also the peel which has additional nutritional benefits. Again, Young Living oils are approved for ingestion. ( I would not use other brands)
Soft Scrub formula Cleaner
- 3/4 cup of baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- 8 drops lemon essential oil