Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks that brunch and cocktails go hand-in-hand. I usually wind up with a full plate in one hand, a sweaty glass in the other, and all eyes peeled for a good place to lay out my bounty. I don't mind (at all) the usual brunch drink offerings. I'm all in for a Bloody Mary, several Mimosas, or a Bellini bar. But it's kind of fun to switch things up every now and again.
Last week, I shared a lovely Mother's Day brunch cocktail option that spoke to me of spring. Today I'm thinking warm and sunny with a pitcher of sparkling, grapefruit and mint-infused pitcher of mojitos! Why yes, I am in need of a vacation, thank you very much. I think I've earned a week of brunch on the beach. At least a day.
- big handful of mint sprigs
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 of a large lime, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar, such as Dixie Crystals Extra Fine
- 1 cup Pineapple Rum, such as Captain Morgan
- 1 bottle sparkling white wine (or club soda for a tamer version)
- ice cubes
- lime wedges
- mint sprigs
- pineapple wedges