Happy Banana Lover's Day! No, really, it is. And I can think of no better way to celebrate this self-packaging, potassium-rich fruit (botanically considered a berry, but I'm not even going to go there today) than with rum.
Why celebrate Banana Lover's Day with rum, you ask? Because it's not just any old rum, it's Blue Chair Bay's Banana Rum! It all makes sense now, wouldn't you say. When Blue Chair Bay asked if I'd like to try a bottle of their newest rum, I didn't hesitate. Mainly because I'd already been eyeing it, imagining the possibilities.
- 1 quart vanilla bean ice cream
- 3 fluid ounces Blue Chair Bay Banana Rum
- 1 large banana, cut into large chunks and frozen
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons caramel (sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- caramel (sauce)
- 1/2 of a banana, diced small (do this right before serving)
- pinch of ground cinnamon