When Blue Chair Bay Rum invited me to be a part of their Blogtender Nation by joining them in celebrating the first-ever International Pineapple Day, visions of serene sandy beaches danced in my head. And I said yes...obviously! Me, fresh pineapples, and rum? We go hand-in-hand.
Let's talk about Blue Chair Bay Rum first. Created by singer Kenny Chesney, BCB just celebrated it's 1-year birthday! They offer three flavors - White, Coconut, and Spiced Coconut. I was able to pick one flavor to sample and create a cocktail with; it was a hard decision, but I went with Coconut. After the long, brutal winter we're still trying to shake here in the Midwest, I needed a little tropical getaway.
- 6 ounces fresh pineapple
- 4 ounces Blue Chair Bay Coconut or Coconut Spiced Rum
- 4 ounces light Coconut Milk
- 2 ounces Pecan (or Praline) Liqueur
- 2 ounces heavy cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- splash pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- 4 pinepple trumpet flowers (instructions follow)
- 12 pecan halves