I'm tempted to tell you all about the 4-foot mounds of snow in my front yard. Or maybe the fact that if I sit at my computer without my slippers on, my feet don't unthaw for at least 3 hours - while under a blanket! But I know you're sick of hearing about the cold. And you know what? So am I. So, let's think tropical!
There's not much that I wouldn't give to dig my toes into some sun-toasted sand right about now. Throw in my Jackie-O sunglasses, a good book, and a fruity cocktail and I may build a sandcastle and take up residence. Enter the classic fruity cocktail: the Rum Runner.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle fruity white wine (I like Piesporter Michelsberg)
- 1/4 cup Captain Morgan White Rum
- 1/4 cup Captain Morgan Spiced Black Rum
- 1 ounce Banana Liqueur
- 1 ounce Blackberry Liqueur
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- splash of Grenadine
- 1-2 oranges, sliced
- 1/2 of a small pineapple, sliced or cubed
- pint of blackberries