So it's been a little over a week now that I've had to get reaccustomed with the wee hours of the morning. By 5 a.m. I'm trodding heavy-lidded into the kitchen towards the smell of my morning fuel. I don't know what I would do without a coffee pot with a timer. Seriously.
Not a day has gone by that I haven't made a plan to take a nap once all the kids are out the door. And not a day has gone by that I have actually followed through with that plan. I mean, 2½ hours later? I'm awake by then. The coffee is pumping through my veins...three children have been fed and groomed...the morning air feels cool and welcoming. And best of all, it's now time for mama to eat some breakfast.
- 2 large Roma tomatoes (or 2 small-medium round tomatoes), stemmed
- 2 fat cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 chiles de arbol, stemmed
- 1 pasilla chile, stemmed & (mostly) seeded
- ½ tsp. minced, dried onion (optional...but I like it)
- ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 4 corn tortillas
- vegetable or coconut oil (or another oil for frying)
- ~2 Tbs. butter
- 4 eggs
- ~2 oz. queso fresco, crumbled
- 1-2 Tbs. chopped parsley or cilantro