I’m taking some time off the next few weeks to spend with my family and our new bundle of joy. In the meantime, I’ve set up a few posts ahead of time to share. In case you share in my weakness for queso dip of any and all kinds, you will be pleased to know this recipe is a) delicious, b) easy to make and c) totally unnecessary to share.
There are few foods in life I cannot handle myself around:
1) Frosted animal crackers (there’s a reason they’re called “crack”ers).
2) Giordano’s deep dish spinach pizza. I am always in danger of faceplanting right into the restaurant doors as I gallop to them any time I’m in Chicago.
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, minced (or 3 tablespoons minced white onion)
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 medium-heat hatch green chiles , thawed, stemmed, seeded and chopped (or 2 serrano chile peppers, stemmed, seeded and chopped)
- 1 green or red jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded pepper jack cheese
- Tortilla chips, for serving