All the color and splendor of a galaxy in a simple lemonade slushie! Dried butterfly pea / blue pea flowers, lemons, club soda and sugar are all you need to make this magical Color Changing Galaxy Lemonade Slushie. A simple summer drink with a dash of magic that both kids and adults will love!
About an year ago (almost to the day) I shared this raspberry color changing pink lemonade slushie recipe with a little bit about the science behind that natural, color-changing magic that I loved as a kid, and still do! 🙂 If you want to read the science behind the color change, read on, and you will find the explanation after the recipe!
- 25-30 dried blue pea flowers
- 2 ½ cups of boiling water
- 2 cups of lemon juice (about 10 - 12 lemons)
- 1 ½ cups of sugar (white or brown sugar will work)
- Regular crushed ice (or shaved ice)
- Crushed magic ice
- Club soda to top
- Vodka (for the adults, of course)
- Purple luster dust (optional)