So spring is here! At least it was, until a few days ago, when mid Missouri decided to put it in reverse and go back to winter for a week or so. But the leaves are back, the dandelions are back, the dogwoods are flowering and the cardinals are chirping. And warmer weather will be back soon too. Fresh fruits and cool fruity drinks are all I have on my mind these days!
And to celebrate those brighter, longer days outside, and all the colours and the spirit of spring, I’ve got a beautiful Lavender & Blackberry cocktail for you today! Made with Lavender Syrup and Blackberry ice cubes, this drink can also be turned into a mocktail easily with sparkling grape juice.
- 6 oz Blackberries for the Blackberry ice cubes
- 1 recipe for Lavender syrup (recipe below)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 bottle of Prosecco (or sparkling grape juice for a non-alcoholic version)
- Frozen blackberries to serve (optional)
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup of water
- 2 heaped tbsp (3g) culinary grade dried lavender