This is part of a sponsored collaboration with National Pork Board and DiMe Media. However all opinions expressed here are my own.
Ready for a drool-worthy sandwich? This Mexican Pulled Pork Torta was inspired by Mexican street food and similar to traditional pulled pork sandwiches.
If you have been reading this blog for a while than you know I love to travel. One of the things I enjoy most about traveling is getting a chance to experience a new place’s food. As much as I love a great restaurant or resort dinner on vacation what I really love is street food. This Mexican Pulled Pork Torta sandwich is reminiscent of the street food I’ve enjoyed while visiting Cancun, Mazatlan,Puerto Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Fondly, it also reminds me of some of the sandwiches I’ve enjoyed from my mother-in-law’s kitchen.
- 1 large bone-in pork shoulder, 7-9 pounds
- olive oil
- Adobo seasoning
- 3 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 4-6 whole peppercorns
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small can of chopped green chiles, 4.5 oz.
- 3 tablespoons of seasoned tomato sauce (seasoned with salt, oregano and garlic powder)
- Chili powder
- Sandwich rolls, toasted
- Toppings: lettuce, cilantro, red onion, avocado, Valentina hot sauce