Break out the grill and enjoy Summer seafood and vegetables with this easy and elegant Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad.
If you are like me than enjoy the simplicity of an iceberg lettuce wedge salad. It’s one of those dishes that I always seem to order when I’m out but rarely make for myself at home. With the warm weather we are having here on the East Coast I decided I wanted something light so I prepared an easy and elegant Grilled Shrimp Iceberg Lettuce Wedge Salad.
With the freshness of Summer seafood and vegetables around my parts it was a natural fit to combine the two for this dish. I began with fresh iceberg lettuce which I found from a local farmer’s stand. I washed the lettuce and then cut the head into four separate wedges.
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1-2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun Spices
- 16-20 shrimp (4-5 grilled shrimp per salad, depending on side)
- 1 jar or bottle of your favorite blue cheese dressing
- lemon wedges
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- favorite Summer beer (optional)