This ice cream continues to baffle me with it’s deep complexity and addicting flavor! The whole idea came about during a conversation with a good friend, first we were talking about alternative sweeteners, which lead to her telling me that she loves roasted bananas for dessert. I thought roasted bananas sounded like a good base for ice cream, and we ...
- 4 ripe bananas, yellow with a few black spots
- avocado oil for brushing
- 1 - 13.5 ounce refrigerated can coconut milk (Native Forest is great)
- 1 additional refrigerated can of coconut milk, cream skimmed from the top of the can
- 1 whole vanilla bean, cut into ½" pieces
- ⅓ cup Grade A maple syrup (more or less to taste depending on how ripe the bananas are)
- ¼ Teaspoon sea salt