It is very easy to hide oats – if you bake them into muffins, and maybe call them cupcakes to your kids
Preheat oven to 400°, line a standard 12 count muffin tin with premium liners.Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
Whisk Ener-G Egg Replacer and warm water together, add to a medium mixing bowl with coconut milk, oil and maple syrup, whisk together.
Add wet to dry, stir until just combined (a few lumps is good). Divide batter between cups, about 1/3 cup in each. Drop about a teaspoon of jam in the center of each (I might have added a bit more…..).
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Steel Cut Oats, Quick Cooking
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- 1½ tsp Ener-G Egg Replacer + 2 Tbsp warm water
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- ¼ cup sunflower or safflower oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup jam