I thought I would share my recipe for this gorgeous Italian Basil Orzo Salad with you all this week since it was specially requested by my mother that I make this while we are at the beach this week.
Yes, my friends. We are taking a family vacation and soaking up the rays.
It is a MUCH needed family vacation. :)
But do not worry. I will not leave the blog empty and sad this week!
I have a couple more delicious summer inspired salad recipe posts coming your way this week, plus a couple of sand & sea themed posts- they only seemed appropriate given my locale for the next 6 days or so.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 slices and then quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet banana pepper, halved, seeded, & chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced and then chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (I used a tomato basil feta cheese that I found at my local ALDI.)
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled, smashed, & roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Large handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil