Here is a great recipe to give mussels a taste of south eastern France. If you don’t have Provence herbs mix, don’t worry, you can do this mussels recipe just fine with thyme and rosemary. And if you can complete with one bay leaf and marjoram, this mussels recipe will taste even better.
And remember, mussels that are opened before you start cleaning them are already dead, and therefore not good to consume. Discard them right away.
Provençal style mussels recipe
- 6 to 8 lbs of fresh mussels
- 4.5 oz (130 g) of zucchini
- 6 oz (170 g) of cherry tomatoes
- 10 pickling onions (or 1 onion)
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of herbes de Provence (rosemary, marjoram, basil, bay leaf, thyme) (Click here to buy Herbes de Provence)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper