Ah, Friday. Thank you for finally showing up on my doorstep.
It’s been a week of surprises and quick moves that have called for backbone, agility and patience. Some of the news has been trying for my family and some has given me drive and inspiration. For myself, things are a-changing and I’m totally ready for it. My dance card is filling up. But more on that soon enough.
Lately I’ve had a hankering for pasta. What’s my deal with carbo loading? I’ve been dreaming of salty plus crunchy the little pasta bowl in my head. Feta = salt. Kalamata olives = salt. I think I have it covered.
- 1 pound pasta, cooked, drained and cooled
- 1 8 ounce jar kalamata olives, halved
- 1 6 ounce jar roasted red bell pepper
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fruity olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese