I have a love/hate relationship with Daylight Savings Time.
I love it for giving me more time to do “fun stuff”—verses “boring stuff”—with Smudge, like flying kites or taking the dogs for walks. I hate it for making me get up earlier than my body wants to and making me eat my breakfast at work because I’m running late.
But one thing that comes of missing my breakfast routine is that since I still have the craving, why not switch it up and serve up a little breakfast for dinner? Or as I recently learned via some of my Twitter friends, brinner anyone? And that’s a meal that always throws me back to my youth.
- 8 large eggs, I use omega-3 fortified
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- ½ lb bacon, chopped into ⅓” strips
- 10-12 button mushrooms, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped