By the looks of so many of my favorite foodie blogs, everyone is searching—and providing—amazing zucchini recipes this week. And with the plethora of veggie madness these plants provide, I say the more recipes the better.
So in an attempt to utilize my excessive zucchini jungle (how does one squash manage to explode into a super-hero size veggie in 24 hours anyway?) I’m discovering as many recipes as possible to incorporate/mask/hide/add zucchini into.
And this is one of my new favorites. It’s a a chameleon of a recipe: serve as a meatless option for a vegetarian main dish or toss in some grilled chicken or canned white tuna for even more extra added protein.
- Lemony Zucchini and Bean Pasta Salad
- adapted from Donna Hay
- 1 lb. orecchiette pasta (penne or farfalle would would work as well)
- 3 medium size zucchini, diced into ¼" pieces
- 1 15 oz. can organic garbanzo beans, drained (I like Westbrae brand)
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- 1 tsp cracked fresh pepper