Well this is the season of love!
As the sixteen year old poster child of all the single ladies, it’s easy to make like Sasha Fierce and overlook Valentine’s Day as a day of lovey dovey couples-only nonsense, but it truly is so much more. It’s a day to eat chocolate with reckless abandon.
Allow me to introduce you to my tall dark and handsome.
I’m in love!
For starters, this cake is huuuge. Like, great wall of chocolate huge. It’s rich, chocolatey, gooey, chocolatey decadence that is oozing with chocolate and I frankly believe it deserves its own food group.
- 2½ tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or erythritol
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce, mashed banana, or yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ⅛ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ tablespoon chocolate chips
- ½ tablespoon unsweetened almond milk