You have no idea how big a deal this is for me.
So as you may have heard, I’m a food writer. I love food a whole heck of a lot. The experience of eating can bring me endless joy.
I will happily traverse the glove for tagine. Delicata squash is a miracle. I have this ridiculous notion that homemade Nutella is better than the jarred stuff. Clafoutis makes me squeal. (A cute, endearing kind of squeal. But that goes without saying, right?)
Although cupcakes can be the most overrated thing since sliced bread, they can also be one of life’s great pleasures. People have been eating cake since long before the dark ages (i.e. when MySpace was still popular), and they won’t stop anytime soon. Not if I have anything to say about it.
- 1¼ cups white whole wheat flour OR ¾ cup almond meal plus ¾ cup coconut flour
- ¾ cup erythritol or sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup applesauce
- 1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder