Allow me to introduce you to your new food soul mate.
If you’ve never had sticky toffee pudding, then I’m setting up on the greatest blind date of your life. Drop dead gorgeous, very sensible, and as sweet as can be. Can I sing at your wedding?
In its typical unhealthy form, sticky toffee pudding is a fabulously incredibly amazing European confection that is fabulous and incredible and amazing. You’re welcome for the descriptive description.
Many moons ago, I had the opportunity to accompany my mother and grandmother on a trans-generational adventure to explore and reunite with our family in the homeland of Ireland. It was like-changing to say the least.
- 1 cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup brown sugar OR erythritol plus ½ teaspoon molasses
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1¼ cups white whole wheat OR ⅔ cup almond flour plus ⅔ cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon butter or Earth Balance
- ½ cup erythritol or cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon molasses