Good Lord. What’s happening to me? Sun dried tomato pesto? Really? Where are the COOKIES?
This is an excellent question, my friend, and you obviously have your priorities straight. However, I know sun dried tomato pesto is not a cupcake. Where are the cupcakes? Who am I and what I have done with cookie dough girl?
I know I’m posting 100% savory sun dried tomato pesto. After soup. Which came after more soup. (Although, in my defense, there was some caramel in between.) But you’ll totally forgive me once you taste this miracle, because believe you me, short of a miracle this pesto is not.
- ⅓ cup mashed avocado flash
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup tightly packed basil (I used some beautiful fresh baby spinach and it turned out fabulously.)
- 2 tablespoons sun dried tomatoes (not oil packed; see note below)
- 1-2 Tablespoons almond milk, as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste