Raise your hand if you don’t like the fact that you can’t eat a Girl Scout cookie whenever you want.
Hands across America are all raised now. (Get it?) Cool. I’m glad we’re all in agreement! You can put your hand down now.
Don’t get me wrong- I love supporting the Girl Scouts. Selling cookies to benefit girls’ futures is a great idea, but you know what would make it an even better idea? Not putting all kinds of processed grossness in the cookies. Just sayin’.
Actually, I used to be a Girl Scout when I was a wee one. To be politically correct, I really should say Brownie Scout (later referred to by one of my guy friends as Cream Puff Scout) because were not in the slightest bit scouty. The only remotely adventurous activity we ever partook in consisted of all of us sleeping in the back yard and then piling into the scoutmaster’s bed after it got dark. Needless to say, we made crafts for the rest of the year.
- 5 homemade healthy chocolate wafers
- 2 Tablespoons carob powder (Unsweetened cocoa powder works too, but you'll have to add more sweetener.)
- 4 Tablespoons almond milk
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- sweetener to taste (I used one packet of stevia.)