Saturday, August 1 is the fifth annual Can-It-Forward day. This yearly event is organized and hosted by Jarden Home Brands, the company that makes all of our beloved Ball and Kerr products. In the past, they’ve offered a day of live streaming canning and jar usage demonstrations from New York City. This year, they’re bringing the festivities home to their new headquarters in Fishers, Indiana.
Last year, I hopped a train up to New York and joined the fun in Brooklyn. This year, I’m really excited to be heading to Indiana for the weekend to demonstrate my recipe for Sweet and Tangy Pickled Blueberries. I’ll have that recipe for you all in a couple weeks. Today, I want to talk about an entirely different preserve.
- 3 pounds peaches (about 12)
- 2 pounds apricots (about 16)
- Ball Fruit-Fresh Produce Protector
- 1 fresh pineapple (about 5 pounds)
- 1 cantaloupe (about 4 pounds)
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced lime (about 1 small)