Enter your name and email and get my delicious weekly newsletter... it's FREE!
Food, Folks and Fun is all about bringing restaurant-quality recipes to the home cook.
Your information will never be shared or sold to a 3rd party.
These Peppermint Bark Cookies bring together everything you love about shortbread AND everything you love about peppermint bark in one bite!
Disclosure: This post for Peppermint Bark Cookies includes affiliate links, this means I make a few cents if you buy the item after clicking my link. This costs you nothing, but it helps keep this blog running on butter…lots of butter!
- ½ cup salted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12-ounce bag semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening (Crisco)