We love shrimp scampi in our house, but some nights I want a healthier lighter dinner. I've been making zucchini noodles like crazy lately, and it hit me one day to mix our favorite shrimp scampi meal with zucchini noodles. Would you like to know what my trick is to keeping this a lighter meal? Lots and lots of fresh lemon!
Lemon is actually a great secret to adding flavor without fat to many different vegetable dishes. It brings out the earthy flavor of zucchini easily, and it does the same for steamed broccoli, cauliflower, and even carrots. Try it on sautéed kale too, it’s delicious!My husband was hesitant at first with this recipe, but after one bite he was in love, and actually asks for this meal on a regular basis. After we finished the one pot shrimp scampi with zucchini noodles (or zoodles as the hip people call them) it had us both wishing I doubled the recipe. At least with more zoodles. Because the zoodles are divine!
- 3 large zucchini squashes
- 16 wild caught frozen uncooked shrimps
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced and zested
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, in water
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/4 cup your favorite white wine
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes