Seriously…I don’t know why y’all stick around…I’ve been terrible with my blog posting since working on my next book, moving to California and everything else going on! Life has certainly gotten in the way. But so many new and exciting things to talk about:
1. The Food Allergy Mama’s Easy, Fast Family Meals is on pre-order! Go here to place your order for my next book (due out Feb. 2013) It’s packed with snacks, breakfast, lunch, dinner and treat recipes. These are easy, no fuss recipes that are my family’s favorites. They are easily adapted to be gluten-free as well. I love that all these recipes can be made with dairy or eggs too, depending on your family’s preferences or dietary needs. I LOVED working on this book and can’t wait to share it with all of you and your families.
2. Food Allergy Mama is getting a makeover! Actually not me, but my blog. It’s in the process of getting freshened up, so in the very near future you are going to see an updated, more user-friendly version. Can’t wait!
3. Finally, a NEW recipe! OK, I was just posting photos on my Facebook and realized I haven’t posted a new recipe since February?? Crazy. So sorry. This is a photo that I just looked at today…and realized how much I LOVE this new Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache (in the new book!!), and what I love even more are my FA son John’s freckles in this cake shot. Honestly…I’m so blessed to have these amazing children of mine, even more blessed that despite living with life-threatening food allergies, kids like John eat deliciously like anyone else.
4. One last thing! My first book, The Food Allergy Mama’s Baking Book is available on Amazon Kindle for FREE right now, as of today October 24, 2012. Order here. May not be free tomorrow or the next day, but if you’re reading this today…I highly recommend you download it as a backup to the print edition. Nothing better than FREE!!!
Love you all, thank you for your patience during this crazy time!!
Favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake with Chocolate Ganache
I often call this cake my “after-school” cake, because it’s my children’s ultimate treat after a long day at school. It’s the perfect cake to make for gatherings, holidays, and birthdays too. I love it to make for my own birthday because it is so darn easy. The cake will keep, covered, for up to three days covered in the refrigerator; heat individual slices for a 10 seconds in the microwave to slightly soften the Ganache before serving.
- 3 ¼ cups unbleached all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup dairy-free margarine, melted
- 1 ¾ cups dairy-free buttermilk (1 3/4 c. soy or rice milk mixed with 1 1/2 T. vinegar, let stand 5 minutes)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups dairy, egg, and nut–free chocolate chips
- ½ cup soy or rice milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract