One of my favorite ways to use my crock pot (affiliate link) is for recipes like this Crock Pot Beef Vegetable Soup. This summer I am in love with my crock pot. I am using it more and more. I normally don’t make much soup during the summer months. Soup is normally one of those meals we enjoy during the cold winter months when we need to knock the chill from our bones.
Last week while I was grocery shopping I came across the most perfect package of beef stew meat that I have ever seen. The meat was perfectly marbled, cut in perfect bite size pieces and all fat trimmed. I couldn’t pass it up.
- 1½ lbs lean beef stew meat
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 14.5 oz can Hunt's Dice Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small peeled onion
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1-3 bay leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well.
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into rounds