White Bean Soup
ChickenTortellini and White Bean Soup
This weeks Sunday Supper is all about soup.
Soup is the perfect meal for the cold winter days.
Here where I live in Florida it was 81 during the day this past week . Sorry….. really I am not rubbing it in!
Last weekend it went down in the 40’s and boy did I wish I had a big piping hot bowl of soup to eat. This recipe is one that I have been thinking about creating for a long time. So when I saw the theme of this weeks #SundaySupper I jumped in.
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 small whole white onion, peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 large Bay leaves
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 8 ounce package Barilla 3 Cheese Tortellini
- 1 15 ounce can Cannellini Beans, drained and rinsed
- handful of very baby spinach leaves (optional)
- Handful of fresh parsley (optional)