Guavacheese is a classic Goan festive sweet! Guavacheese is also known as Perad and Goia-bada in Portuguese. One of the most famous sweet from Goa. I love guavacheese but loved the home version. As you could make how much you want. The guavas and lime flavor compliments each other it’s like match made in heaven. This dessert tastes sweet and sour both
What’s Guavacheese? It’s a dessert made from Guavas, Sugar and lime juice. In some countries it’s also referred to as Romeo Juliet. Guavacheese is used as a spread on toast and some served with pastries. It’s a simple recipe made with basic ingredients found in kitchen.
- 1 kg ripe guavas with soft skin
- 250 gms powdered sugar Or as required (sugar should be equal to guava pulp)
- 1 lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil / ghee / butter (I used oil)
- some pistachio flakes for garnish (optional)
- few drops of pink color (optional) I haven't used color