Besan Sev is a mild spiced, deep fried savory and snack made during Diwali! Besan Sev is nothing but gram flour sticks. It’s commonly known as kara sev and ghatiya in Gujarathi. These are great Diwali savories Or snacks also taste great with a cup of tea. I love this as since a child dipping in tea and eat with spoon. However when I made them today I really loved the more. It’s healthy, tasty and crispy plus make them how much you want.
Soon will try another version of this yum snack soon. As soon as I made I gulped quite a lot of them. Leaving little for my hubby …… These are made with basic ingredients found in your kitchen. Besan sev needs besan, rice flour, some spices and water. Quite easy to make only part to take care is not to burn your hand Or face while frying them.
- 3 cups oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp water for kneading
- 12 tbsp besan (gram flour / chickpea flour) I used organic flour
- 4 tbsp rice flour (I used organic flour)
- 1 t/s turmeric powder
- 1 t/s kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin seed
- 1 tbsp carom seed powder (ajwain powder)
- ½ t/s baking soda
- salt as per taste