Perfect Tea Time Snack Raw Banana Fritters!
I had bought some plantains and was thinking what to make them. Something which is tasty, snacky, healthy and savory. Idea struck me to make Raw Banana Fritters… Yes it’s deep fried fritters but it’s okay to be unhealthy sometimes right?
Bananas in any form are great for digestion. They are also good source of potassium hence it’s great to eat bananas. Raw Banana Fritters are tasty, crispy from out, soft within and is a great savory snack to eat during tea time. You could also club some fritters in burger buns with lettuce, mayo, cucumber and onions. Now you have a fritter burger a nice variation.
- 2 cups oil for deep frying
- 2 raw bananas (peeled)
- 5 tbsp gramflour (besan)
- 1 t/s carom seed (ajwain)
- ½ t/s turmeric powder (haldi)
- a pinch of asofoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp red chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried raw mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin seed powder
- 1 t/s cooking soda (optional)
- salt as per taste
- 2 tbsp water