Rich Dry Fruit Kulfi also a classic, traditional old fashioned Indian icecream. These Indian dessert is full of nuts, mava (evaporated milk) and milk. Even in Mumbai kulfi sticks are quite popular and available in almost all corners of road.
I have tried Almond (Badam) Kulfi and Saffron (kesar) kulfi. Both are delicious and amazing frozen treats. I used to binge on lot of kulfis since my childhood on Mumbai-Chowpatty. My mom used to take us every month. They serve kulfi with falooda however I used to just eat kulfi and ignore falooda. In Mumbai you get lot of kulfis like Malai Kulfi, Badam Kulfi, Dry Fruit Kulfi, Mango Kulfi, Chickoo Kulfi, Strawberry Kulfi, Pista Kulfi, Matka Kulfi, Gulkhand Kulfi and the list is endless.
- 1.5 ltr full fat milk
- 1.5 cup organic sugar/ raw sugar/plain sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 4 whole green cardamom crushed
- 1 white bread chopped Or torn into minute pieces
- 50 gms mava (evaporated milk)
- 16 to 18 whole almonds
- 16 to 18 cashewnuts
- 7 to 8 raisins
- 1 saffron strand (kesar)
- 1 tbsp almond essence
- 2 tbsp rose water
- few fresh rose petals red Or pink Or any color would do
- a pinch of salt