Cheesy Chicken Skillet Pasta is a creamy, cheesy 30-minute skillet dinner with shredded chicken, penne pasta, fresh asparagus, and chopped tomatoes, bell peppers and onions that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight supper.
Can I just say I love skillet dinners! Not just love, but LOVE LOVE LOVE! They are easy, delicious, and allow me to have a complete dinner on the table in 30-minutes, which is exactly what I need after a 1-1/2 hour commute home.
Skillet diners are also budget friendly because they are a perfect way to use leftovers, such as leftover rotisserie chicken.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened, and cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mexican Blend Cheese