Cheesy Pesto Chicken Pasta is an easy, delicious skillet dinner that is a great way to use up leftover chicken, and serve with pasta in a cheesy sun-dried tomato pesto cream sauce.
For the last few weeks I have been cooking for my elderly Mother-in-law after she got out of the hospital. Since she prefers spicier foods, I have been trying to find the right level of spiciness that she likes. This dish was one of her favorites! She kept saying remember how to make this recipe because I want to have it again. When? Tonight!
- 8 ounces penne pasta (or pasta of choice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 cups milk (I used almond milk)
- 2 heaping tablespoons Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)